Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Anni-VERVE-sary!!!

Its Anni-VERVE-sary time over at Verve Visual. Just last year Julee started up her stamp company and is now celebrating its anniversary! Yeah for Julee!!! Check out the Verve Forum at Splicoast for a weeks worth of fun. New sketches and contests are posted daily. The celebration started on August 1st and goes until August 12th, and the new release party is on the 13th!!! Get in on the FUN!

I have alot of cards to post here, as I have been catching up on the sketches on my days off this week. Sketch #1 can be found here, the card I made representing that sketch is the "Take Joy in the Little Things" card (above). I used the color scheme of Soft Sky, Old Olive and Pure Pomegranate, and Verve stamps: Petals and Stems (LOVE that set!!). I also used SU Desinger paper: Fall Flowers on each of the layers for this card. Accessories used: threading water border punch, rhinestones, pomegranate ribbon, and photo corners punch. I attached the butterflies and the flower only at their centers and curled up the edges to give the card some dimension. I like how the butterflies look like they could fly off the card at any moment. The "Thank You" card sketch can be found here. One of the requirements for this sketch is that the card should be square. My card is a 5X5 square. I totally wanted use up some of my Groovy Guava paper for this one, and I found some matching SU Ginger Blossom Designer paper to use as well!! I added an extra layer of River Rock, to bring out the color in the flowers. Of course, I had to use some more rhinestones and groovy guava ribbon to top it off. I used Verve stamps on this one too, the set Thankful Blossoms was a perfect fit. This was an easy sketch for a quick but elegant card. Sketch #3 was a bit more complicated, but still as much fun as the others. The "You Made me Smile Today" card is my interpretation of this sketch. I used SU Berry Bliss DSP along with Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Purely Pomegranate for the layers. The sentiment is stamped from the Verve set, Thankful Blossoms, and the flowers are stamped from the Verve set, Feeling Groovy. The flowers are stamped with pomegranate ink, glittered, and popped up on dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped with pomegranate ink as well, and has flowers stamped in pretty in pink in the background. I used the Martha Stewart scallop Border punch for the border along the top, and tied it with Pretty in Pink grossgrain ribbon. I used a white souffle pen for some detailing. (How did this happen.....there are no rhinestones on this card??? Say Whaaa?? Oh wait....there IS glitter though) Sketch #4 was another fun one to make. I used some of my new Lizzie Anne Designs stamps on this card. The stamp set is called Happy Harvest. Fall is right around the corner, which is, by far, my favorite season, and I couldn't wait to ink up this cute Scarecrow. (I'm a big scarecrow fan too...dont know why, I just find them so interesting! We even drive out to Lahaska, PA to check out the scarecrow festival each year.) Anyway, back to the card. I used SU Really Rust, River Rock and Apple Cider DSP for the layers. Black Rhinestones and white souffle pen for the detailing on the layers, and the SU Scallop circle punch. Mr. Scarecrow is colored in with colored pencils. That's pretty much it, on this card. It was another real easy sketch for a quick, elegant card. That's all I have for now. I will be posting the next few sketches tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by, Happy Stamping!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I like the cards you made for the ana-Verve-sary!

Timetostamp said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for lovely comments! I can't believe how productive you've been - so many cards! I really like this series of cards - beautiful colours and layouts!