Well, here it is, a W

ednesday, again, and you know what that means... the Unity Challenge Girls have a challenge for you!! Today's challenge is an
inspiration challenge brought to you by
the wonderful Michelle. She picked this lovey Paloma bedding set by Mystic Valley Traders. I just love all the different colors and layers in the design on this set. Here is a possible color scheme for you to try, inspired by this bedding: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust and Vanilla. You may even be able to find some Unity stamps to replicate the pattern! I received my
Unity November Kit of the Month (KOM) the other day and could not wait to ink this baby up! There are so many
darling images in the set this month, Unity just keeps making these kits better and better every

month. I am a huge fan of the tree in this month's kit...It's
HUGE!! Unity seems to be making a few more scrapbooking kits, with the larger stamps, lately, and I LOVE that! So, here is my card for today's challenge. I used
Unity Stamp Co. November KOM, called
Enjoy Your Story...Laugh, and
Something Within. Papers used: SU Really Rust for the card base, then layered with SU Celery, Chocolate Chip and Vanilla. Basic Grey Mellow series is the Designer paper. For the detailing on the tree, I used: stickles on the smallest circles and then placed dew drop pearls in the centers of the larger circles. Small, light blue pearls (Joy Crafts) are in the centers of the smaller circles of the tree. The image is colored with watercolor pencils and watercolored. I distressed around the edges on all

layers. I am really starting to LOVE that technique!! I also used the scallop border punch on the Chocolate Chip layer. May Arts ribbon was used across the top of the card. Here is a picture of the detailing on the tree. If you are going to play along with us, upload your challenge card the SCS gallery and use
keyword USC13. Don't forget to check out all the other Unity Challenge Girls' blogs today, for some wonderful inspiration. The links can be found on the left column, below. AND, as always,
HIP HOP Thursday fun begins at 10am Central time in the
Unity Forum on SCS. The fun lasts well into the night, games, prizes, challenges, friends, chatting!! Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a WONDERFUL day!
10 comments:
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Love the tree and embellishments you added!! Wonderful combonation of colors taken from the inspiration!
Love this! Love that TREE!!!!!
Love it too! Amazing distress work and great arrangement of all your elements!
love what you did with this tree. great job!!
I love your interpretation! Thank you for telling how you did it, too.
Love, love, LOVE this, Jessy!! I love the layers, love the distressing, love hte dewdrops, love the layout...love it all!! Thank you so much for playing the challenge! :)
Jess,
I LOVE THAT tree. Love the colors. Just love, love, lovey what you created.
Lisa
So pretty! Love how you embellished the tree.
Ohhhh...I absolutely love your card!!!
What a great card. I love everything you did with this from the stump to the flower discs. A really lovely and creative card!
Post a Comment