Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Growing in Unity- Day 4- MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
here is ANOTHER ALTERED PROJECT!!!! I can't believe it...since I rarely create altered items. I am having so much fun with it this week!! This is a picture frame, altered into an inspirational decoration. I used My Minds Eye designer paper for the frame design, embellished with ribbons and a Prima flower. The stamped image, one of my favorite quotes, comes from Unity Stamp Co: Beauty of Dreams (this stamp is HUGE). I then sewed a silly design on top, and zig-zag stich on the bottom of the quote. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas day!! HAPPY STAMPING!!

46 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love altering stuff...but I just have to be in the right mood! LOL!

Tracey said...

Very pretty!!! A very Merry Christmas to you!!

Tink said...

Such a great idea! Very pretty.

StampinCathy said...

Merry Christmas Jessy! This frame is just so much fun and just love the sentiment. Hope you have a wonderful day with your family and friends.

Anonymous said...

What a cute frame. I like to alter some things but I need to be in the mood.
Thanks for sharing.
Yvonne S

Justme said...

Oh that's so pretty and a good idea, I have a fondness for huge verse stamps and background stamps, I'll have to try something like this. I like your Pink Star too, VERY PRETTY
Happy Holidays!
Donna
donnalb@newsguy.com

Justme said...

PS You're daughter is GORGEOUS! My goodness look at those beautiful blue eyes! Watch out for that one once she hits preteen and teen years! She's going to be breaking some hearts! God Bless my daugher is grown and married now, I miss her so much! She is out of state.
Donna
donnalb@newsguy.com

Joy said...

i love the colors on this!!!!!!!!!!! love everything!

Ashley Newell said...

This is adorable! I love the flower and the colors!

Kerri said...

Very cute!! I've got a few picture frames I'm going to work on later this week. LOVE the quote, too. Merry Christmas!

Candace H said...

Merry Christmas and thank you for the Unity inspiration this week!!! Great projects!

Lisa H. said...

this is gorgeous! I love the colors and all those dots! Merry Christmas to you!

Christi said...

oooooh, Jess, this is just gorgeous! I love the way that you colored the image. What a great piece! smiles...

jan farnworth said...

love the bright colors. have a very merry christmas.

Katie Cotton said...

ooo, i just love this! I want this single so bad!

Unknown said...

totally gorgeous!! I need to make me one! LOVE it!

Paula's ponderings said...

Very pretty! Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing your design!

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
i love the papers you used ~ so pretty!
my altered things never look like that! so nice!
have a wonderful New year too!

janice

Jessica said...

what a pretty frame! love all the colors and patterns you used. Super fun and cute!!!

Amy said...

This is so awesome Jessy!! I love the bold colors and your stitching adds a perfect touch!!

Jenn said...

Great colors, it would be beautiful in any room.

Jenn said...

Great colors, it would be beautiful in any room.

*Chelle* said...

Those colors are so perfect and cheery. Great compliment to the quote.

liannallama said...

great frame! Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

what a great frame. it would look awesome in my daughters room. hope you don't mind if i case. Merry Christmas

Cherie said...

Great job. I love the colour combo!

chickadee3357 said...

Such a fun frame!

Fountain of Memories said...

Wonderful Frame. And Merry Christmas

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Merry Christmas, Jessy!! You are seriously hard-core, posting during Christmas week! ;) All of the projects have been fabulous, and I love this frame...I really need to make more non-card projects! Thanks for the inspiration!

Maria said...

Merry Christmas Jess!! This is great!

Amber said...

Oh Jess this is beautiful!

Marilyn Hitterman said...

Jess, you did a great job on this altered piece. Looks like you have a knack for this type of artwork.

Anonymous said...

This frame is so pretty. You did a great job.

Merry CHristmas to you...

Tamara said...

Love this! I have so many frames (and other things) in my craft room waiting to be altered.

Ravengirl said...

That's a beauty! I just created a framed piece a few days ago and have since wondered why I did not do this for Christmas gifts this year! It was so easy and satisfying!

Tami Grandi said...

this is so cute! this is one of my fave quotes!

Jillisgram said...

Love the colors you used. This is one of my favorite quotes too!

Scrapacat said...

Jessy - my oh my you've been busy. What gorgeous projects you've made. I love the coaster idea. Mind if I borrow it? Thanks so much for sharing your Unity this week! ~ky

Sara Henton said...

This is so beautiful, I love this!!

Michelle said...

very pretty...love the color combo

JazzyH said...

Very nice!

Kerry said...

Great colors! I love how you stamped the words with all of the colors...it really helps you to focus in on the quote. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas!


Tonya

Jess said...

Very Pretty, Jess! You did GREAT this week!

Brooke said...

this is awesome. i really like the colors and polka dots.. the flower and ribbons are PERFECT! :)

FibreJunky said...

Love the big sentiments from Unity - never would've thought to use one this way, though. Sure came out great!