Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

PM Inspirations: Black & White

Today, at Paper Maniac, we are trying to inspire you with Black and White cards, with just a small pop of color. This is by far one of my most favorite color schemes because, whatever color you choose, it always looks good with Black and White!!! I also had a special occasion to make this card- our friend got married yesterday!!

This is the inside of the card. Yes, I just haaaaaad to decorate the inside, the plain white just wasn't doing it for me! Here I used the papers from the Paper Maniac Black and White card kit, (can you see the flower centers- they are colored in with shimmery SMOOCH, new to the PM Store, and oh soooooo awesome) and they are on sale- if you subscribe to the PM newsletter, the coupon code is there. I also used the new Martha Stewart Loops punch. I LOVE that punch!! The sentiment comes from the Lizzie Anne Designs stamp set called Gettin Hitched.

And, this is just a close up of the front of the card to show the SMOOCH details on there as well. The red paper base is actually the Bindakote glossy paper. The pattern papers are from the PM Black and White Card Kit, and again I filled in the flower centers with SMOOCH. I also colored the church (from the Unity Stamp Co- October Kit of the Month) with Copics and SMOOCH. Can you see how shimmery and pearly it is?? I LOVE SMOOCH!! The panel is cut from the Mega Curved Rectangles Nesties die, and then I sponged the edges with Ladybug Memento Ink. I was inspired by SCS Sketch #247 for my card layout.
Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out the Paper Maniac Blog for more inspiration from the design team. Also, visit the Paper Maniac store and sign up for the store newsletter so you can get that valuable SMOOCH coupon code!! :-)

3 comments:

Peet said...

wow, so gorgeous, Jess!!! Love everything about this card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh how very pretty.

Angie Cortes said...

So pretty!! I love the shimmery church (definitely need to try Smooch)!! Great job!!